Sunday, May 31, 2009

Surprise in Flagstaff

Sunday, May 31 - We stopped in Flagstaff for lunch on our way from Sedona to the Grand Canyon. While planning for the trip, I had been in touch with Josh, who I grew up with in Petoskey, Michigan. He lives in Flag, and suggested that we try Railhead Red at the Beaver Street Brewery when passing through, so that's where we headed for lunch. I texted him when we got there, because we were going to try to connect either today or tomorrow. He asked if we were going to be there for 10 minutes, and when I said yes, he said "We're on our way with santa clause." I wasn't quite sure what that meant - presents? - but I thought, "great."



Several minutes Josh and his wife Ginni arrived, with two other people - our family friends the Reas! They just happened to be in Flagstaff this week, visiting several of the same national parks that we are!


Now to the Santa reference: When my sister and I were really little, Dr. Rea used to dress up as Santa at Christmas time. One year, our parents had put us in the bath together, and Dr. Rea - aka Santa - came over. He came right upstairs into the bathroom to visit us, and it sounds like we were dumbfounded that Santa would show up while we were taking a bath! Mom said that he gave us an orange and a grapefruit. Hilarious.


We had a great time catching up with everyone in a random Petoskey renewal. Thanks to Josh and Ginni for their great suggestions for our trip, and we hope to cross paths with the Reas again somewhere this week in one of the parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment