Monday, June 8, 2009

Pit Stop in Silverton

Saturday, June 6 – After the 3-1/2 hour ride on the train from Durango, we had about two hours of free time in the old mining town of Silverton, which now has a year-round permanent population of about 400. For lunch we stopped at Grumpy’s Saloon in the Grand Imperial Hotel, which was complete with the man playing old sing-a-long classics on the tinny piano. In the video, make sure not to miss the guy in the red jacket at the bar who, out of the blue, just started playing his harmonica along with the piano. Also note the fine artwork on the walls.



And, talk about a literal 4-way stop, right behind the hotel…

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!!!! I am laughing so hard. I just spotted the banana! I totally missed this this morning as Banana Mad had me up early!!!! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Madeline here. I gave my notes to mom this morning. I love her, but she has her quirks..... Of course, I saw this banana right away, and I can't tell you how impressed I am with your resolve to promote the banana industry! Power to the babies! Power to bananas! More bananas! More bananas! More bananas! More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madeline here.... I forgot to mention that it goes without saying that bananas are the world's perfect food. PLease do what you can to make sure everyone knows this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeline here again.... who put that picture of my mom above the piano? Its really embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete