Friday, June 12, 2009

Standing on a Corner in Winslow, Arizona

Thursday, June 11 - It's true -- the only reason to stop in Winslow, Arizona is to pay homage to the classic Eagles song "Take it Easy"... and to check your tire pressure. Our low tire pressure warning light went on in Holbrook, so we needed to make a stop at a full service station, which can be a bit difficult to find in the land of self-service stations with mini-marts. However, we picked the right stop with Winslow, because there was a towing/service station right off the exit.

One guy was working there, so I went in to ask him for a tire pressure gauge. When I walked in, I couldn't believe what I heard -- the theme song for the Showtime show, Dexter. I asked him if he knew what the music was, and he said, "I'm watching Dexter on Netflix." What were the odds? I told him that I work for Showtime, and told me how he's watched all of Dexter online, including several other Showtime shows. Looks like we've got a friend in Winslow!
The building in the "standing on the corner" picture above isn't a building at all -- it's just a wall of an old building that is no longer there. However, they've done a good job reenacting the lyrics to the song, with a "reflection" of a "girl, my lord, in a flatbed Ford, slowin down to take a look at me." There's even an eagle in the top left window.

No comments:

Post a Comment